Make a Creative resolution with Artpocket...
10 weeks, 10 techniques, 10 opportunities to find your creative mojo!
Throughout this 10 week course, you will sample a feast of creative techniques and processes. Craft Tapas is a great introduction for those wanting to dip their fingers in and get a taste for art & craft.
You will have the opportunity to meet other creative people and most of all - have fun! This course is suitable for creative novices, through to creative practitioners who wish to refresh or extend their skills.
Begins 15th January 2018 - 26th March 2018
(No session 12th February
Monday evenings, 6.00 – 8.00pm
Course Cost only £150 (All basic materials will be provided)
Only want to dip into particular techniques? You can select individual sessions for £16 per session. Contact us to book your place.
What's on the Menu?
- Paper Manipulation: Pleat, roll and fold recycled and vintage papers to create Origami creations or paper jewellery
- Hand Embroidery: Slow down the pace and have a chilled doodle with needle and threads, learn a range of traditional stitches to embellish and make a mark.
- Handmade Paper: Turn those annoying bills and junk mail into a paper pulp and make textural papers for future creative projects.
- Heat Transfer Printing: Celebrate the vibrant colour and versatility of disperse dyes. Explore the positive and negative by using flora & fauna, feathers fabrics and paper stencils as resists. Use as inks to draw with. Using heat, transfer your compositions and drawings onto fabrics.
- Felt making: Roll your sleeves up and prepare for a creative workout with this fast and furious friction technique!
- Block Printing: Go pattern crazy Use household objects and create your own stamps to print with.
- Bookbinding: (Japanese) Create a note book, sketchbook or journal, using this decorative binding technique.
- Screen Printing: Funk up your mundane shopping trips and create an individual and quirky tote bag using stencil screen print methods. Create a collection of sample prints on paper.
- Batik: Create bold patterns and pictorial images on fabric using this Exciting resist dye technique.
- Free Machine Embroidery: You will be hooked on this addictive technique- craft a drawing in thread.